Sunday, March 10, 2013

Two weeks worth of news.

Having decided that I would probably only post once a week, that went totally to pot.  Why?  Because I took on too much in the way of cake making.  Here are the cakes which took a lot longer than I had planed.



I was rather glad when I saw that the word for the week was small as these two cakes fitted that word perfectly.

Of course my digi layout for the week had to be of the cakes.
Last Sunday we celebrated my mother in laws 90th birthday (actual birthday was on Tuesday) and I thought that there could be no better subject for this weeks digi LO so I made this one.
How wrong could I have been?!?  On Friday I was told that my job has been extended to July and possibly further.  On Saturday I received a beautiful card and hand made jewellery from my god daughter as a mothers day present.  I was so very overwhelmed with both of these I have spent a large part of the rest of the weekend in tears.
Here is the champagne cork from celebrating my job and my mothers day gifts.  This has to be for next weeks LO, dont't think anything could have been better.  Or could it?
Ok for this weeks views.  I really must go back and check if this view really is changing month by month.
And out of my kitchen window.
What you can't see in the above photo is that the pond is literally heaving with frogs and filling up with frog spawn.  Next doors cat is enjoying eating the frog spawn but there is still quite a bit left.  Needless to say all the frogs dived for cover when I appeared with a camera but here are a couple of little chaps who reappeared when I waited around for a bit.

Having caught up on odd jobs etc last week hopefully I will be more on target this week.






3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the job news and what a lovely card you got, no wonder you were moved.

    Great shot of the frogs :) xxx Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those frog pictures, and the cakes look like a lot of work but also lots of fun. I don't think we are alone in having had a couple of weeks amiss, but we are all back now and raring to go.. aren't we?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cakes are beautiful and I love the pictures of the frogs.

    ReplyDelete